Every school has a duty to actively promote the fundamental values of British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
At Smithdon High School we actively promote British values through:
- An effective pastoral system including a tutor programme designed to fully prepare children for life in modern Britain
- Delivering an RE curriculum to ensure children develop understanding and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
- Reflecting democratic processes including mock elections
- Instilling confidence in every child
- Effective safeguarding processes