How to Apply
It is easy to apply for a place at Smithdon High School. You simply need to apply through the Norfolk County Council application process. This runs from September to the end of October each year, with offers of places sent out by the Norfolk admissions team on national offers day in March.
As well as the traditional September start for Year 7 pupils, we welcome enquiries from families looking to change schools at other times. Please contact us to find out more about the school or arrange a tour if you would like to.
Click here to find out more about the admissions process.
You can also call the Norfolk admissions team on 0344 800 8020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions at all about the admissions process, please get in touch and we'll be happy to help.
In the event of entry applications exceeding demand, places will be allocated according to the following criteria, in order:
1. To looked after children and previously looked after children who are due to transfer and those children with a statement of special educational need or educational health care plan, whose parents have requested that this school is named on the statement.
2. To pupils living permanently within the Schools catchment area as defined by Norfolk Local Education Authority and shown in its catchment area map. If more than 112/180 such pupils apply (dependent on year group), places will be allocated on the basis of geographical distance from the school gates.
3. To pupils whose elder siblings already attend the School at the time of admission.
4. To pupils eligible for the service premium. A pupil is eligible for the service premium if: a) one of their parents is serving in the regular armed forces (including pupils with a parent who is on full commitment as part of the full time reserve service); b) they have been registered as a ‘service child’ on the January school census at any point since 2016; c) one of their parents died whilst serving in the armed forces and the pupil receives a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme or the War Pensions Scheme.
5. Priority will next be given to pupils of staff where: a) the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or b) the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
6. To pupils not living in the catchment area transferring from Smithdon’s feeder primary schools, namely Dersingham VA Primary School; Docking Primary; Heacham Junior School; Hunstanton Primary; Ingoldisthorpe Primary School; Sandringham and West Newton Primary School; Snettisham Primary School and Brancaster Primary School.
7. To any other applicants up to the maximum number to be admitted.