The Pupil Premium Grant is allocated to schools according to the number of students in the school who are known to be eligible for free school meals (FSM) or in Local Authority Care (CLA) or who are children who have parents in the armed services.
This funding is made available so that the school can ensure that all students have equal opportunities and can make the progress they should make regardless of any economic hardship they may be experiencing, either temporarily or over a longer period of time.
When deciding how to use this additional funding, our decisions reflect the following principles:
- Teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all students.
- Appropriate provision is made for students who belong to vulnerable groups and that the needs of socially disadvantaged students are adequately assessed & addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged students, we recognise that not all students who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged and not all students who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals.
- We therefore reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium Grant funding to support any student or group of students that the school has identified as being socially disadvantaged.
- Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis which will identify and prioritise classes, groups or individuals. Limited funding and resources means that not all children receiving free school meals will be in receipt of pupil premium interventions at any one time.
The attached documents provide details regarding
- funding received for this academic year and intentions as to how it will be used
- funding received last academic year and the difference it made to the attainment of disadvantaged students
Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact Statements
To view the latest Pupil Premium Strategy and Impact Statement please click on the links below:
- Smithdon High School Pupil Premium Strategy Statement – September 2023 update
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement and Recovery Premium for 2022-2023 and Review of Outcomes for 2021-2022
- Smithdon High School Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2021-2022 (and recovery premium for 2020 to 2021 academic year)
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement - 2020-2021
- Pupil Premium Strategy Review - 2019-2020
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement - 2019-2020
- Pupil Premium Strategy Review - 2018-2019
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement - 2018-2019
- Pupil Premium Strategy Review - 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Report - 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Report - 2016-2017