Communication and Letters
At Smithdon High School, we value regular communication with our community, especially our parents. As such, we send regular updates and information via both text messages and letters (usually emailed to parents, rather than sent via Royal Mail). We believe it is essential to work in close partnership with parents and carers to ensure the best possible outcomes for our learners.
On this page, you will find any letter that has been sent to parents recently – organised by those sent to all year groups (the whole school) or just specific year groups – along with any linked material sent at the same time.
Please see our Communications Booklet with contact details for key staff for student progress, achievement and wellbeing.
This is a list of current home school communication methods that we employ at Smithdon:
- Student planner
- Phone calls home
- Letters (via email)
- Truancy call texts and/or phone calls
- Social Media – Twitter
- Parents’ evenings - tutor evenings and subject-focussed evenings
- Home visits (delivery of work and/or wellbeing checks)
- EHAPs (Early Help Assessment & Plans)
- General meetings
- Open events
- Information Events
- Presentation assemblies/Awards Evenings
- SIMS App (to view attendance, positive and negative behaviour events, academic reports)